Numerous renters are more interested in living more sustainably. And a big part of sustainable living is reusing food containers as often as you can. Glass jars are particularly easy to repurpose since they can be washed and then re-filled or used to create something new. If you’ve been looking for ways to reuse glass jars, here are ten ideas to get you started!
- Store bulk food items. Clean glass jars are excellent for storing food items bought in bulk, including nuts and seeds, grains, and baking essentials.
- Quick and easy meals. Use glass jars to store your leftovers or to make overnight oats for a delicious breakfast. For lunch, you can layer salad and toppings in a jar for an easy take-along meal.
- Drinks all around! Some glass jars can do fun glassware for beverages. Canning jars are also sturdier than many other types of glassware, making them ideal for the dishwasher and to use for all sorts of occasions, indoors and out.
- Create a hanging spice rack. Small glass jars can make the creative and organized hanging spice rack for your kitchen. Just screw the lids of baby food jars to the underside of your cabinets, fill the jars with your favorite spices, and twist them on. This idea works great in the garage to store small hardware, too!
- Add natural beauty. For a quick and easy touch of beauty, why not use a glass jar as a vase? Add flowers and water and display them in your favorite spot.
- Light it up. Repurposed glass jars also work well as tealight holders. To create one, fill the bottom of a clean glass jar with sand, beads, or tiny pebbles, and add a tealight candle. Display on a table, or add a handle of wire or twine to hang
- Get down to earth. One more creative way to use glass jars is to build a terrarium. Using soil, pebbles, bark, dried flowers, or anything else you’d like, make a more visually interesting display in a jar. These work great for home décor or to give as gifts.
- Give the gift of dessert. You can use repurposed glass jars to create a tasty treat for friends and neighbors. Layer the dry ingredients for cookies or brownies in the jar, add a bow and baking instructions, and gift away!
- Helpful home storage. Glass jars work very well to store small household items, such as cotton swabs, makeup, office supplies, and more. For an even more creative twist, you could decorate the jar with paint, markers, or ribbon and then display it on a vanity, shelf, or desk.
- Save it up. If you are saving up for something special, you can use one or more glass jars to help you see the progress you are making. Glass jars can hold loose coins and bills or even slips of paper. Drop them in and watch your savings grow toward your dreams!
If you’re looking for a new Kennesaw rental home to try out fun sustainability ideas in, Real Property Management East Cobb can help! Check out our listings and apply online today.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.